Help the Jim Thomson Piping School
Check back as we will update information as plans develop.
Take a look at our Photo Contest and Photo Gallery from the Festival!
~ The Northern Arizona Celtic Heritage Society Appreciates Our Volunteers ~
The Board of Directors of NACHS is grateful for the dedicated, hardworking, and enthusiastic volunteers who are involved with all aspects of our festival.
Without YOU, this festival simply would not happen. Thank you.
If YOU would like to enrich your life by volunteering we have all manner of jobs that need to be done from July 16 through July 21. Please call our volunteer hotline to discuss opportunities and times. 928-853-9499.
It's not just a Celtic Festival! We have a whole week of Celtic activities for you to enjoy.......
CELTIC WEEK ACTIVITIES!!!
We have a week full of events surrounding the Jim Thomson U.S. School of Piping & Drumming,
the Grand Canyon Celtic Arts Academy and the Arizona Highland Celtic Festival! For more information
on either of these schools or the festival, please visit www.nachs.info
Sunday Night 7/13
- FREE Piping…The story of the MacCrimmons and Piobairachd with Bruce Hitchings, NAU Music Building Room 146 at 7pm
Monday Night 7/14
- FREE Scottish Drumming with Gordon Brown, Andrew Elliott and Dixie Ingram then Arron Shaw on the great Highland bagpipe NAU Music Building Room 146 at 7pm
Tuesday Night 7/15
- GCCAA evening workshops at Flagstaff Arts and Leadership Academy 7 to 9
- FREE Robert Watt and Bruce Hitchings world class bagpipers, NAU Music Building Room 219 (2nd floor) 7pm
Wednesday Night 7/16
- FREE Celtic Concert, Bushmaster Park, 5:30 to 7:30
- FREE Bagpipe Concert at Heritage Square, 6:00 to 7:00
- FREE Piping School Pub Night at the Weatherford Hotel 23 N. Leroux St., downstairs at 7ish
- Session night with Runa and Zac Leger at the Weatherford Hotel 23 N. Leroux St., upstairs at 8ish
Thursday Night 7/17
- Concert with Zac Leger and friends at 7:30 at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church. Tickets at olives wild, arizona music pro and online on www.livingtraditionspresentations.com
- FREE Piping School Recital Night, students and instructors, Ashurst Hall NAU Campus at 7pm
Friday Night 7/18
- FREE Concert, Heritage Square, 6pm to 8pm
- Celtic Spirits Tasting…7:30ish Uptown Pubhouse, 114 North Leroux – limited number - $30
- Runa in concert. 8:00pm. Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church. Tickets at olives wild, arizona music pro and online on www.livingtraditionspresentations.com
- Knockabouts at the Weatherford Hotel, 23 N. Leroux St., 8:00pm
Saturday Night 7/16
- Whisky and Celtic Sweeties at 7pm at the Weatherford Hotel, 23 N. Leroux St., limited seating - $35
- Celtic Ceilidh at 8pm at the Weatherford Hotel, 23 N. Leroux St. …cover charge $5
17th Annual ARIZONA HIGHLAND CELTIC FESTIVAL
July 19 & 20, 2014
Please mark your calendars and check back occasionally for information about the 17th Annual Arizona Highland Celtic Festival - July 19 & 20, 2014!
4200 East Butler Avenue
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
Saturday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Adults: 1 - day: $15; 2 - days: $25
Active Military with ID - $10 per day
Children 3-12 years: 1 - day: $5; 2 - days: $5
Tickets are available at:
Other Exciting Celtic Activities!
The Wicked Tinkers
Bagpipe (Band and Solo)
Tug o' War
CELTIC KIDS CORNER
DISPLAYS and EDUCATION
Celtic Geology Exhibit
Genealogy Research Tent
NACHS Celtic Education Tent
Plants of the Celtic Regions
Spirits of the Celtic Regions
The Highland Rogues
Please check back here often, as we will update as new information becomes available.
Last updated: June 20, 2014
Please note: NO PETS (except assistance dogs) WILL BE ALLOWED ONTO THE PARK GROUNDS.
Pet sitting by Paw Placement will be available.
Paw Placement of Northern AZ will offer dog-sitting services at the Celtic Festival. From 9 am to 4 pm festival participants may leave their dog for a minimum donation of $10 for the first hour, $5 per hour after that. Kennels, water bowls and treats will be provided along with lots of TLC from PPNAZ volunteers.
Please note: NO ALCOHOL may be brought onto park grounds. This rule will be strictly enforced. Beer, wine, and spirits will be sold at the event.